The EWGA Championship is now in its 23rd year as the largest women’s amateur golf competition in the world and we want YOU to be a part of the fun and excitement. Members of all skill levels are encouraged to compete so give the Championship a try and put your game to the test!
The EWGA Championship offers two different competitive formats: Stroke Play Competition and Inter-Chapter Team Scramble Competition. You select the competitive format that best ﬁts your game, personality and skill level.
STROKE PLAY COMPETITION
Stroke play competitors play in one of ﬁve ﬂights at the Chapter Championship qualifying event based upon their USGA Handicap Index.
CHAPTER TEAM SCRAMBLE
Inter-Chapter scramble teams consist of four (4) women who meet the eligibility requirements to play in the EWGA Championship. The team “handicap factor” is established based on the USGA Handicap Index of all four (4) players.
2018 Omaha CHAPTER CHAMPIONSHIP
Local Qualifying Event
Tara Hills Golf Course
June 24, 2018 9:30 am
Deadline - June 6
2018 Central Plains Region
July 28, 2018
Mariana Butte Golf Course, Loveland CO
2018 CHAMPIONSHIP FINALS
October 13-14, 2018
Innisbrook Resort, Palm Harbor FL
TO QUALIFY EWGA MEMBERS MUST:
- Have a veriﬁable USGA Handicap Index and have an equivalent of two 18-hole scores or a combination of 9 holes posted to your handicap record in 2018
- Be a female amateur golfer as deﬁned by USGA Rules of Amateur Status and EWGA gender policy
An entry fee of $50.00 (fifty dollars) is required to participate in the EWGA Championship. Total event fee of $99 includes: 18 holes with cart and awards event, lunch and the entry fee.
The Low Gross and Low Net Champions in each ﬂight are eligible to advance. The ﬁrst two places Inter-Chapter Team Scramble Competition winners are eligible to advance. Registration information for the Central Plains Semi-Final Championship will be provided at the Chapter Championship to all competitors eligible to advance.
ENTER TO PLAY
All members MUST register online, follow these steps:
Step #1 – Register!! Below is a step by step guide to register for the 2018 Chapter Championship
1. Log In to EWGA Member Clubhouse: https://members.lpgawomenwhoplay.com/
2. Looking at the left side of the screen, scroll down until you can click on: MyEvents
3. In the middle of the page, click on EWGA Championship
4. This will take you to the EWGA Events page on Golf Genius where you will remain logged in.
5. Click on EWGA Championship
6. The Championship page has lots of information about the overall event, a tab for Player Documents and much more. To get to your specific Chapter, using your mouse, hover over 2018 Championship, this creates a drop down menu – click on 2018 Chapter Championship.
7. You will now see the familiar page with all Chapters listed under their respective District Semi-Final.
8. Find your chapter and click on it (if nothing happens, it isn’t ready yet).
9. If you were able to open up your Chapter site, there will be info about the event and the course.
10. To register, click on the big blue button on the left that says “Register Now for ….”
11. The registration page will open with the refund policy and other legal mumbo jumbo. To register, click on New Registration.
12. The next window to appear will have either one or two Registration options, one for riding and one for walking. Select the option you want and click on Next.
13. The next screen will ask you to select a member. Start typing in your last name, and you (or a list) should appear for you to select from.
14. The next screen will require you to fill in your data. PLEASE, PLEASE, review and follow the form instructions. Everything with a Red Asterisk is required to be answered. A few key reminders.
a. Enter your Handicap ID where it says GHIN. Doesn’t matter which system it comes from, enter the ID # here.
b. Select which Handicap service you use (GHIN, GolfNet or Other)
c. Enter your EWGA member number. (If you can’t easily locate it, go back to the EWGA Member Clubhouse and click on your profile – it’s in there).
d. Select either Stroke or Scramble
e. If playing Stroke Play, answer questions about being a Senior (SR) (55-69) or a Super Senior (SSR) (at least 70)
f. If playing Scramble, enter the team Captain’s Last name into the Team Captain Name box.
g. Enter your date of birth
15. In the lower right corner, Click on Next
16. Enter your payment information (which includes inputting your address for a second time) and click on Submit Payment
17. All Done!!!
Step #2 – CONNECT with your Chapter:
Omaha 2018 Chapter Championship Director (CCD)
Aura Arriaga: (402) 212-6368